During this season of Lent, as we reflect on our mortality and need for Christ’s work leading up to Holy Week, I will be posting a regular schedule of scripture readings, creedal confessions, prayers and reflections on the work of Christ on our behalf.
The schedule from now until Good Friday will be as follows:
- Everyday: Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die: a snippet from John Piper’s book on the purpose of Christ’s suffering. [The entire book can be downloaded for free as a PDF]
- Mondays: Creeds and Confessions: a pertinent section on Lenten themes from one of several Confessional statements.
- Tuesdays: Puritan Prayers: a brief prayer of penitence from The Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers & Devotions.
- Wednesdays: John Owen: quotes and reflections from John Owen’s On the Mortification of Sin in Believers.
- Fridays: Penitential Psalms: the text of scripture from one of the “penitential” Psalms as well as with an occasional meditation.
Check back daily for updates, or have the posts sent via email by clicking the “EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION” link below. If there is something that was beneficial to you please pass it along (via email, Facebook, Twitter, etc). My hope is that these prayers and readings will help Christ to be formed in you (Gal 4:19) as you reflect on your need of Him.